Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Live from IFIP WG 9.5

Can't write too much at the moment because I will be speaking myself in 27 minutes. :-)

Some quite interesting talks here, but I am surprised (pleasantly) how broadly representative the panelists are. The conference is small--only one track of three speakers per panel for a total of 8 speakers including me! --Not counting discussants and the conference organizer, but still quite small. It leads to very interesting discussions between talks and I expect dinner will be quite nice that way as well. At least I hope so!

Some themes are emerging, but I'll wait until I have a chance to digest the ideas a bit more and read the proceedings before I comment on that. I did not get my revisions done in time to be included, but now both the slides and paper or online at Scribd. I was especially interested in David Kreps' talk and hopefully will find his stuff in the reader.

One trend though, to whet your appetites--agreement that the virtual/real or online/offline dichotomies are unsatisfactory ways to undersatnd any of this stuff. Finally!

No comments: