Monday, July 2, 2007

Erasmusbrug


Erasmusbrug
Originally uploaded by cuuixsilver
Another oft photographed view. The nicest part (I think) is that the bridge has a walkway, so you can stroll across and enjoy nice views of the city.

I had been at the graduation show for the Willem de Kooning Academy, which is connected to Piet Zwart and houses the BA programs. It was an interesting show with very high qualities of craftsmanship, especially in the graphic design section. What most struck me though was that though several students in different sections were doing web design, their approaches were often very conventional. They didn't seem to be experimenting in the same way as even the first year MA students in Media Design are doing. That surprised me since only one year of work separates them, in many cases.

The students all had business cards and most had websites, which struck me as very useful and created a very professional image. I'll have to remember that for later.

No comments: