Sunday, July 8, 2007

Ok, back from dinner and more on the party at Worm. I have to say it was a blast, not least because I haven't had the chance to go out dancing like that in years. First one of th Piet Zwart graduates did a performance, which was really cool. --Nancy Mauro-Flude did a final project:

'Paraphernalia' consists of self-built controllers for audio/dance performances that free performers from operating laptops on stage, giving them back their gestural mobility, and allowing both a technical and artistic feedback between music, vocals, dance and technology. (Realized with joystick interfaces, analog motion sensors and modified gamepads in conjunction with the real-time signal processing software Pure Data.)
She did a performance singing with these tools and it was a lot of fun. After that, there was a DJ for awhile and people danced hard, including both the PZI MD staff and the students--how many grad students celebrate with their faculty that way? I drank rather a lot of Budels Honig Bier, but not too much to be ok today.

I got to bed quite late, but got up in time to shop for souvenirs and take a Spido boat tour of the harbor--that was really cool and I will post some pictures from the whole weekend soon. I think tomorrow I might finally have time to catch up on more conference reporting...

No comments: