Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Where to Begin...

As I approach the first week of classes, the pace has picked up on campus quite noticeably in several ways. I'm getting about four emails a day from people trying to schedule meetings I am supposed to attend, my department mailbox has received a flurry of paper about various events, and students are already hounding me for syllabi, though classes don't start for another week.

I'm excited though, because this term I teaching a composition class entirely online and themed around online community and participation; I think it will be really cool! Also, my grad class will be fun--I'm finally teaching one I've taught before--so I can incorporate things that have worked well before and drop those that didn't. --It's nice to finally get to a "second draft." I kind of wish I could teach two sections--it's been over-enrolled by almost half again several times since last spring.

And, the books I shipped via ground transport from the Netherlands have finally arrived, and seem to have survived their journey intact. --I was starting to wonder what I could possibly do fro here if they didn't show up. The box of cocoa powder leaked a bit, so now the books all smell chocolatey. Which, if I was going to choose a scent, isn't bad at all...

No comments: